The Chairman of Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) and Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has been suspended by his party, the All Progressive Congress (APC).
In a statement by the party on Friday, the governor was suspended due to “his numerous anti-party activities, especially his role in the recently concluded governorship election in Edo State, which is contrary to the provisions of Article 21 (A) (ii) of the APC Constitution.”
APC said five days before the Edo election, Fayemi hosted Femi Fani- Kayode, a Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, chieftain, in Ado Ekiti and planned a coup against Edo APC.
A second allegation against Governor Fayemi was that he played a role in the governorship election in Oyo State and supported the PDP candidate to defeat the APC candidate.
- BBNaija 2020: Presenter, Ebuka, reveals how winner will emerge
- ‘Yahoo Boy’ wanted by FBI for N2.79bn scam surrenders to EFCC — Official
- Ghanaian Secondary Schools To Be Provided With Free WiFi
- Aubameyang Says He Considered Quitting Arsenal
- Crisis in Cellulant as co-founder, Akinboro, resigns, over 35 staff sacked
Freelance Writers and Employers, visit our sister site [ww