Commercial driver narrates how policeman killed his 17-year-old son

Mr Gabriel Chikezie, a commercial driver, on Wednesday told an FCT High Court, Kubwa that former Insp Haruna Ocheni shot his 17-year-old son to death.

The police charged Ocheni with a one-count charge of culpable homicide.

Chikezie made the allegation while being cross-examined by the defence counsel, Gabriel Salifu.

He had earlier told the court that his deceased son, stole a generator from his house in Kubwa, Abuja, on March 15, 2020.

“I decided to call my neighbour, Pastor Ocheni, to help me with a policeman in order to recover the generator from my son.

“My neighbour gave me the phone number of the defendant and I called him but he asked me to call back on March 24 because he was busy.

“I sent him a text telling him that my son was around and the defendant arrived at my house.

INTERESTING READ: FG arrests, arraigns IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu; court remands him in DSS custody

“He brought out a rope from his pocket and tied my son’s two hands and dragged him out.

“My son later agreed to give the number of the person he sold the generator to, but he was dragged by the defendant while he resisted.

“The defendant used a gun to hit my son on the head and later shot him”, he said.

He said that he took the boy to the Kubwa General Hospital, where he was confirmed dead.

The defence counsel, asked Chikezie if the deceased had other criminal cases in court and if he made a formal report of the missing generator to a police station.

Chikezie in response said his late son had stolen cell phones in the past.

“I did not make a formal report to the police because I had already called my neighbour.

“I collected the policeman’s number from him because he is a very close family friend and a pastor, ” he said.

Justice Kezziah Ogbonnaya, adjourned the matter until July 15 for continuation of hearing.

MORE:

Lanre News | Latest News in Nigeria | Africa | Around the World.

Freelance Writers and Employers, visit our sister site [www.lanrewriter.com] to connect.

lanrenews

Lanre News | Latest News in Nigeria | Africa | Across the World Contact: lanrenews0@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

School feeding increases Kano Pry 1-3 enrollment from 1.2m to 2.1m — Commissioner

Sun Jul 4 , 2021
The Kano state ministry of education has claimed the Federal Government’s school feeding programme had led to increased enrollment of primary 1-3 pupils from 1.2 million to 2.1 million in the state. Education commissioner Muhammad Salisu-Kiru disclosed this at the third stakeholders’ meeting with the National Home Grown School Feeding Programme […]
%d bloggers like this:
We use cookies in order to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies.
Accept