European player of the year Robert Lewandowski is one of 10 players on the shortlist for the Best FIFA Men’s Player award unveiled Wednesday, alongside the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Neymar and Kylian Mbappe.
Besides Polish striker Lewandowski, one other winner of the Champions League with Bayern Munich made the list, Spanish midfielder Thiago Alcantara, who joined Liverpool in September.
The English champions also count Senegal’s Sadio Mane, Egyptian Mohamed Salah and Dutchman Virgil van Dijk on the shortlist.
Paris Saint-Germain, beaten Champions League finalists, are represented by Mbappe and Neymar.
Manchester City’s Kevin De Bruyne and Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos complete the list.
INTERESTING READ: How To Stake Soccer Bets on Bet9ja, NairaBet, BetKing, Surebet, Others
Argentinian coach Marcelo Bielsa, who led Leeds into the English Premier League, headlines a list for the men’s coach award, which also features Bayern’s Hans-Dieter Flick, Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp, Sevilla’s Julen Lopetegui and Real Madrid’s Zinedine Zidane.
Three finalists from categories also including men and women’s goalkeepers, and women’s players and coaches will be announced on December 11, with the award handed out on December 17.
Shortlists for Best FIFA awards
Men: Thiago Alcantara (ESP/Bayern Munchen/Liverpool), Cristiano Ronaldo (POR/Juventus), Kevin De Bruyne (BEL/Manchester City), Robert Lewandowski (POL/Bayern Munich), Sadio Mane (SEN/Liverpool), Kylian Mbappe (FRA/Paris Saint-Germain), Lionel Messi (ARG/Barcelona), Neymar (BRA/Paris Saint-Germain), Sergio Ramos (ESP/Real Madrid), Mohamed Salah (EGY/Liverpool), Virgil van Dijk (NED/Liverpool)
Women: Lucy Bronze (ENG/Lyon/Manchester City), Delphine Cascarino (FRA/Lyon), Caroline Graham Hansen (NOR/Barcelona), Pernille Harder (DEN/Wolfsburg/Chelsea), Jennifer Hermoso (ESP/Barcelona), Ji So-yun (KOR/Chelsea), Sam Kerr (AUS/Chelsea), Saki Kumagai (JPN/Lyon), Dzsenifer Marozsan (GER/Lyon), Vivianne Miedema (NED/Arsenal), Wendie Renard (FRA/Lyon)
- Ann-Katrin Berger (Germany / Chelsea FC Women)
- Sarah Bouhaddi (France / Olympique Lyonnais)
- Christiane Endler (Chile / Paris Saint-Germain)
- Hedvig Lindahl (Sweden / VfL Wolfsburg / Atlético de Madrid Femenino)
- Alyssa Naeher (USA / Chicago Red Stars)
- Ellie Roebuck (England / Manchester City WFC)
- Alisson Becker (Brazil / Liverpool FC)
- Thibaut Courtois (Belgium / Real Madrid CF)
- Keylor Navas (Costa Rica / Paris Saint-Germain)
- Manuel Neuer (Germany / FC Bayern München)
- Jan Oblak (Slovenia / Atlético de Madrid)
- Marc-André ter Stegen (Germany / FC Barcelona)
- Lluís Cortés (Spain / FC Barcelona)
- Rita Guarino (Italy / Juventus Women)
- Emma Hayes (England / Chelsea FC Women)
- Stephan Lerch (Germany / VfL Wolfsburg)
- Hege Riise (Norway / LSK Kvinner)
- Jean-Luc Vasseur (France / Olympique Lyonnais)
- Sarina Wiegman (Netherlands / Dutch national team)
- Marcelo Bielsa (Argentina / Leeds United FC)
- Hans-Dieter Flick (Germany / FC Bayern München)
- Jürgen Klopp (Germany / Liverpool FC)
- Julen Lopetegui (Spain / Sevilla FC)
- Zinedine Zidane (France / Real Madrid CF)
Who will succeed 2019’s winner Daniel Zsóri in taking home the coveted crown this year? The eleven-goal shortlist for the best goal of the year has been revealed. This year’s selection:
- Shirley Cruz (CRC) – Costa Rica v. Panama [Concacaf Women’s Olympic qualifying] (28 January 2020)
- Giorgian De Arrascaeta (URU) – Ceará SC v. CR Flamengo [Brasileirão – Brazil] (25 August 2019)
- Jordan Flores (ENG) – Shamrock Rovers FC v. Dundalk FC [League of Ireland] (28 February 2020)
- André-Pierre Gignac (FRA) – UANL Tigres v. Pumas UNAM [Liga MX – Mexico] (1 March 2020)
- Sophie Ingle (WAL) – Arsenal WFC v. Chelsea FC Women [FA Women’s Super League – England] (19 January 2020)
- Zlatko Junuzović (AUT) – SK Rapid Wien v. FC Red Bull Salzburg [Bundesliga – Austria] (24 June 2020)
- Hlompho Kekana (RSA) – Mamelodi Sundowns FC v. Cape Town City FC [South African Premier Soccer League] (20 August 2019)
- Son Heungmin (KOR) – Tottenham Hotspur FC v. Burnley FC [Premier League – England] (7 December 2019)
- Leonel Quiñónez (ECU) – Universidad Católica v. CSD Macará [Serie A – Ecuador] (19 August 2019)
- Luis Suárez (URU) – FC Barcelona v. RCD Mallorca [LaLiga[MG(1] – Spain] (7 December 2019)
- Caroline Weir (SCO) – Manchester City WFC v. Manchester United WFC [FA Women’s Super League – England] (7 September 2019)
The winner of the FIFA Puskás Award will be selected by an international jury comprising a panel of FIFA Legends and by the fans from all over the world registered on FIFA.com. Each of the two groups of voters within the jury has the same electoral weight.
Freelance Writers and Employers, visit our sister site [www.lanrewriter.com] to connect.