Job Title: Finance Intern at PowerGen Renewable Energy
Employer’s location: 19 Ogunyemi Rd, Maroko 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) company for Commercial and Industrial (C&I) solar projects in Africa. PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
We uniquely combine our mission – to build Africa’s future energy system, while improving lives through smarter power – with technical, on-the-ground expertise and an innovative business model. We build, own and operate AC micro-grids and C&I solar projects to bring power to residential, commercial and industrial customers. With over 120 employees, a 7,500 sq. ft. workshop and headquarters in Nairobi, offices in Tanzania, Nigeria and Sierra Leone, PowerGen is building a company that is set to have an impact on the energy sector in Africa for years to come.
What You Will Make Happen:
- Participate in month end closure activities as may be specified by the Accountant
- Provide support to the accountant, external auditors and tax consultants by ensuring timely, organized and accurate compilation of required documents for financial statements audits and/or tax audits
- Update the payment advice and payment schedule as transactions occur, with appropriate guidance from the Accountant
- Download electricity usage report from Steamaco
- Populate the electricity revenue and direct cost analysis for the month
- Create invoices for each local agent on the ERP to recognize the electricity revenue
- Create credit notes for each local agent and apply the credit notes to the invoices
- Credit the local agents’ steamaco wallets and download agent messages to be sent to the Customer team
- Organize the finance documentation in google drive in a logical manner and with descriptive labels, ensuring that all supporting documents taxes paid (Payroll taxes, VAT, WHT, CIT, customs duties etc), invoices, Capital investment documents, annual returns, tax compliance certificates, audited financials etc are saved
- Update the payment advice and payment tracker for the Accountant’s review before payments are made
- Maintain custody of the keys to the lockers where the Company stamps and seals are kept
- Perform other admin tasks as may be required by the Accountant or Finance Manager
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting or any other business-related discipline
- 0 to 1 year experience as an Accountant/Finance Personnel
- Good understanding of IFRS and local tax laws and regulations
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Collaborative and good communication skills
- Curiosity. Ability to take responsibility for your own development, accept feedback, remain teachable and keep raising the bar when targets are met.
- Problem solving skills
- Drive and resilience.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines and produce high quality outputs
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, flexible and adaptable to the needs of team and organization
What Excites You:
- Intense attention to detail and managing multiple and varied work streams at the same time
- Working collaboratively with many internal teams across multiple countries and offices to drive growth and operational excellence
- A fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm.
- One year paid internship
- Remote work
- On-the-job mentoring and learning opportunities
- Networking with experienced professionals
- Work experience for professional profile and resume
- Free lunch when working from the office.
How to Apply
Click the button below to Apply.
Job posts on Lanre News except otherwise stated are not directly sourced. They are gotten from online sources considered reputable enough.
Prospective applicants should do their due diligence before applying. Do not visit an interview location without informing anyone of your whereabouts. Also, avoid suspicious invites.
Best of Luck!
Freelance Writers and Employers, visit our sister site [www.lanrewriter.com] to connect.