Gbadebo Patrick Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) is the 2023 governorship candidate of Labour Party (LP).
He is the convener of Nigerians Against GMOs(NAG), an organization that advocates against the authorization or introduction of Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs) into Nigeria.
Here are ten things you probably do not know about him;
- GRV was born on March 8, 1983. He is currently 39 years old and will be 40 years old by 8th of March, 2023.
- Gbadebo is an activist, public policy expert, businessman, architect, and politician.
- His first political try was in 2007 when he contested for the Ikeja Local Government Chairmanship position under the umbrella of the KOWA party.
- He retried in 2019 when he ticket to represent Lagos West senatorial district at the national assembly under the PDP. He lost to Senator Adeola Olalekan (Yayi).
- GRV was announced as the Labor Party’s 2023 gubernatorial candidate in Lagos State on August 10, 2022, after decamping from the PDP.
- Gbadebo attended Nottingham University, where he bagged a degree in Architecture before proceeding for his master’s at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston.
- He is the great-grand son to *Steven Bankole Rhodes;* the second ever indigenous judge appointed in Nigeria. His father is Yoruba & Mum Nkechi is igbo.
- He founded Spatial Tectonics and serves on the boards of Alhuda Construction Nigeria and Delta International Commercial City Ltd.
- He is married to Dr Ify Aniebo, PhD, a molecular geneticist.
- GBV came into limelight when he criticized the then Minister of Agriculture, Akinwumi Adeshina, for his move to introduce Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs) to the country.