Application deadline: June 12, 2022.
The Future News Worldwide Conference 2022 is a three-day virtual summit for young journalists and the world’s best students.
There are 100 slots for participants and they are expected to join three hours daily to learn from keynote speakers and experienced people in the industry.
Who is this for?
Writers, vloggers, and podcasters.
Applications are open to young journalists working in any form of media, who meet the eligibility criteria below:
- Aged 18-25 on 1 July 2022.
- A registered undergraduate or postgraduate student (of any subject), enrolled at a university or higher education institution OR a recent graduate who completed their course after 1 July 2021.
- A native speaker of English OR able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (please note an IELTS qualification is NOT required, your language ability will be assessed via your response to Essay Question 1)
- No previous participation in a Future NEWS or Future News Worldwide event
- Dedicated to a career in journalism in any form.
- Available to attend all three days of the online conference 12, 13, and 14 July 2022 (3 hours per day).
Future News Worldwide is a partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organisations; BBC, Google, Reuters, The Herald, The Quint and the UK schools of journalism.
The Future News Worlwide annual summit is a central focus of the programme, and brings together 100 young journalists each July to learn from broadcasters, editors and reporters and meet their peers around the globe. Following the conference delegates join the FNW alumni network. In 2022 the summit will be held virtually.
Delegates for the summit are selected through a global competition, running 16 May – 12 June.
How to Apply
To apply, please read the information below plus the Terms and Conditions, then follow the link to start your application. Please note that your application form cannot be saved once started, so we recommend drafting your answers to the Application Questions (below) offline, and then pasting them into the form. Once you have submitted your application you can log in and edit it at any time until the closing date
Applications close at 23:59 BST on 12 June 2022.